With Ozarka’s ARK Reusables range of Zero-Waste Takeout Containers, together we can prevent billions of disposable takeout boxes from polluting the environment.
Plastic Waste: The End Starts Here
We’re all busy people, and grabbing food on the go is one way we save time and add a little joy to our day. But single-use plastic food packaging is a big part of the pollution crisis — annually, more than 40% of plastics manufacturing is for packaging. Globally, less than 10% of plastics are recycled. Plastics frequently used for food packaging total more than 130 million tons of waste every year — and that’s why Ozarka created ARK Reusables takeout dishes. By switching from disposable containers to ARK Reusables, we can make a real difference in reducing food packaging waste.
ARK Reusables are custom designed for takeout
ARK Reusables offer a real alternative to another piece of plastic in the trash, and they make a quick lunch a little more mindful.
Here’s how it works:
- Hand your ARK Reusable to the server at your favourite lunch spot.
- They fill it up with the delicious food you’re having today.
- You slip the durable, spill-proof container into your bag (or use the provided carrying case), and you’re off!
Designed to be exceptionally durable, with high-quality 100% silicone construction and a minimum of parts and connection points, ARK Reusables are expressly designed with reuse in mind, with the potential to keep thousands of single-use plastic containers out of the landfill.
What’s more, the silicone they’re made of is also recyclable, and Ozarka are currently working to develop a reclamation system for ensuring they get recycled at end of life.
- Snap-on lids that attach easily, for a secure, spill-proof seal.
- Pop-open vents that allow steam to escape when reheating.
- Adjustable dividers that snap in two positions (1000ml Dinner dish only).
- Sauce dishes that button together for stability.
They’re full of thoughtful features that make them ideal for takeout, and they’re made of 100% filler-free silicone. That means:
- They’re BPA-free, phthalate-free, and completely food safe.
- They won’t stretch out, discolor, or warp—even with repeated trips through the dishwasher.
- They can go straight into the oven, microwave, or freezer—no need to dirty another dish.
- They’re fully recyclable at end of life (and Ozarka help you do just that).
How It Works
Using Ozarka’s reusable packaging, you rent the packaging for about the same price as you’d pay for single-use packaging.
- Ozarka delivers packaging to the food producer
- Food producer fulfils customer orders in the packaging.
- Customer is charged a deposit on the packaging at point of sale
- Customer returns empties to the food producer and is refunded the deposit
- Ozarka picks up empties on a schedule then washes and sanitises them off site with a professional high pressure dishwasher
- Ozarka recirculates packaging to food producers
TAKE AWAY WITHOUT THROWING AWAY: Why Ozarka’s Reusable Packaging is Better for business
Customers are frustrated by the burden of disposing of single use food packaging. This solution allows for the customers and the food producer and the packaging supplier to share in the responsibility together, resulting in a much more fair and environmentally friendly experience. The benefits include:
Loyalty: Sustainability creates customer loyalty – customers choose to reuse
Cost: Ozarka’s packaging and systems cost about the same as single-use packaging and are more sustainable
Durability: Ozarka’s glass and silicone packaging is more leak proof and more airtight than single-use packaging be it paper, plastic, or bio plastic
Experience: Customers prefer the more elegant experience of reusable packaging
More Sales: Customers returning empties to your location gives you an opportunity to upsell
No Disruption: Ozarka‘s systems will not disrupt or slow down your output and production processes
Customisation: Ozarka can supply sustainable, removable labels for their boxes featuring your branding and logo
Sustainability: Reduce and reuse is a more sustainable packaging solution than single-use packaging. Just because something can be recycled doesn’t mean it is being recycled. Reduce and reuse significantly reduces the need for recycling, and Ozarka’s packaging is returned to them end-of-life, so they make sure it is recycled properly, not mixing with other materials or ending up in landfill, incineration, or the environment.
A small change in habits means fewer trips to the trash can
We're all in this together! And together we can make a huge difference in reducing food packaging pollution. Back this project on Kickstarter.