Hydraloop Water Recycling System is an innovative in-house greywater recycling system that helps you save both water and energy by recycling the water from your bathrooms, washing machines, garden and pool utilities without the usage of a common filter.
Recycle and reuse up to 85% of total in-house domestic water with Hydraloop
The Hydraloop is not only a charming bit of modern home decor but also a highly sophisticated water-purification system. Once installed in your home, it takes in outgoing wastewater and uses six widely accepted treatment methods to sterilise the water, which can then be reused in toilets, washing machines, pools and even in the garden. With a Hydraloop system you recycle up to 95% of shower & bath water, and optionally 50% of washing machine water, so you recycle and reuse up to 85% of total in-house domestic water. Due to its innovative technology the system offers an excellent water quality, which is clean, clear, safe and certified and can be reused for toilet flushing, washing machine, garden irrigation or to top-up a swimming pool.
Hydraloop Home saves energy and therefore money
With a Hydraloop Home you also save energy in autumn, winter and spring in regions with cooler winter seasons, where mains water temperatures can be as low as 46°F.
The Hydraloop home energy saving comes in three ways in these cooler seasons:
1. The Hydraloop home is installed indoors. The collected shower, bath and optionally washing machine / hand basin water release their remaining warmth to the surrounding area by means of radiation, thus saving energy keeping this area warm.
2. The washing machine uses recycled Hydraloop water which is already at ambient temperature of +68°F so it needs less electricity to heat the water from 68°F to 100°F compared to from 48°F to 100°F, herewith saving energy.
3. Normally, a 4-person family flushes their toilets with 34 gallons of mains water/day of +48°F, herewith importing cold water inside the house, which your central heating system will heat again to ambient temperature after each flush. With a Hydraloop system the recycled Hydraloop water serving the toilets is at ambient temperature of +68°F so no cold water is imported, herewith saving energy and money. The calculated energy saving for a 4-person family home is 7339 MJ primary energy/year, i.e. the equivalent of an electricity saving of 600kWh/year.
Facts and figures:
- Save >45% on mains water
- Reduce >45% on sewage emission
- Save energy*
- Reduce carbon footprint
- Save money on water and energy bills
- ‘Fit & forget’ turnkey product
- Stylish design and innovative technology
- Easy installation, small foot print
- Recycled water is clean, clear, safe & certified and complies with international standards
- No filters, membranes or chemicals
- Fully automatic, self cleaning, low maintenance
- Online performance monitoring 24/7 and smartphone App
- No compromise on hygiene & living comfort
- Contribute towards UNSDGs
- Future proofing the building
- BREEAM & LEED certification points
- Contribute towards sustainable and off-grid living
*in areas with cooler winter climates
How does Hydraloop work, and how do you look after it?
HOW IT WORKS
Hydraloop has been created with its own unique and patented water treatment technology. All other existing water treatment systems use filters or membranes to treat water, which clog and need regular cleaning and maintenance.
The Hydraloop technology – that is the heart of the system – removes dirt, soap and other pollution without using a filter, membrane or chemicals. The treatment system combines 5 technologies; Sedimentation, Flotation, Dissolved Air Flotation, Foam fractionation and an Aerobic Bioreactor. The 6th technology, which is the final treatment, is disinfection using UV light.
Hydraloop has many safety system checks, 24/7. All important components within the Hydraloop system are monitored and in case of abnormal behaviour of a component, the Hydraloop automatically switches to back-up water (mains or rain water) and sends a caution message to you and your installer.
The Hydraloop water treatment technology is internationally protected by patents and patents pending. Hydraloop is a registered trademark.
Hydraloop maintenance requirements are very low:
- The unit is self-cleaning and does not need regular cleaning or servicing
- Every Hydraloop unit’s performance is on-line monitored 24/7 and all components are checked internally
- In the unlikely case a component fails, Hydraloop will automatically adapt itself to the situation. If, for example, the UV disinfection lamp fails, the unit will automatically switch to its backup water facility (mains or rain water) and will discontinue offering recycled water
- Your App will inform you your system is running on backup water. Your Hydraloop installer will also be informed by email and can replace the UV lamp, which takes about 1 hour
- The expected life-time of the UV lamp is 4 years, and Hydraloop recommend to replace the inexpensive UV lamp every 3 years. Hydraloop also recommend an overall preventive maintenance check once a year.
Check out our water-related articles from around the world
Innovation, people-power, ambition, community... the reasons ‘why’ are as numerous as the many different initiatives and projects, but people around the world are working for water. Check out a selection of water-related articles, in some of which you will find links to help out and get involved.