Komrads are the world’s first sustainable, high-quality sneakers made from apple peels plus recycled materials like rubber from car tyres, and laces from recycled ocean plastic.
Komrads APL: the high-quality sneaker made of apples
Around 2 years ago, Mark & Greet, co-founders of footwear company Komrads, had a dream: their dream was to create a sneaker with the lowest possible impact on the planet, a sneaker where no natural commodities need be harvested. A sneaker where no animals need be killed or harmed, and where no rain forests need be burned down to be replaced by huge rubber plantations. A sneaker that is a genuine solution to the problem. After more than a year of thinking outside the box, and their fair share of trial and error, we think they’ve cracked it with their newest collection: Komrads APL—100% vegan, sustainable and fashionable sneakers built entirely out of re-used and recycled materials… including apple waste!
The Euro eco-shoe with the tiny carbon footprint
Komrads APL range are 100% vegan, sustainable and fashionable sneakers built entirely out of re-used and recycled materials, including:
- The upper is made of Apple Eco Leather. The production of apple products is faced with a significant and ongoing amount of waste. This waste, mostly Apple peel and core, has been developed into a new raw material. The result is a durable high-quality alternative to leather with at least 50% of recycled apple fibre. It’s 100% vegan
- The sole is made of 100% recycled rubber from car tires, coloured with ecological paint
- The laces are made of recycled plastic bottles
- The inner sole is ergonomic, breathable and made out of recycled materials
- To control their ecological footprint, they are produced in Europe (Portugal), so they limit international transport to an absolute minimum. As it’s EU, there are no socially unacceptable working conditions.
For more information on KOMRADS APL or to order a pair
Click for more information on the brand, the sneakers, and even links to a special 30% pre-order discount on Indigogo!